The Parr Center for Ethics offers a variety of programs for UNC-Chapel Hill as well as for the broader Carolina community. Our events include talks, panels, workshops, conferences, faculty conversations, a regional and national high school ethics bowl, and an outreach program for people ranging from elementary school students to retirees.
In keeping with our mission at the Parr Center, our guiding aim with all of these programs is not to advocate for a particular point of view, but rather to facilitate productive discussion about important ethical issues in a respectful, supportive, and collaborative educational environment, so that we can all make progress in our thinking about them.
- Maynard Adams Symposium on the Humanities
- Bioethics at UNC Faculty Seminar
- Carolina Seminars on Ethics and Diversity
- Clinical Ethics Grand Rounds (CEGR)
- Difficult Faculty Conversations
- Research Ethics Grand Rounds
- Research Ethics Workshop
- PPE Public Lectures
- Playmakers Repertory Company: Post-show Discussion
- The Carolina Forum
- First Amendment Day
- Thomas Willis Lambeth Lecture
- Douglas Hunt Lecture