Work Study Positions
Federal Work-Study Positions for 2021-2022
UNC Undergraduates who have qualified for Federal Work-Study awards are eligible to apply through the JobX portal.
Ethics Fellow – Program Assistant
Job ID: 5013
Number of Available Positions: 2
Hourly Rate: 11.80 – 13.55 HR
Job Category: In-Person
Hours: 8-12 HR, weekly
The Parr Center for Ethics is an embodiment of the University’s commitment to ethics. We aim to promote ethical development by providing the necessary resources—theoretical development, empirical knowledge, and discussion opportunities—to explore and advance our understanding of the world. Therefore, we are looking for two program assistant to develop and implement maintenance tasks for the Parr Center Undergraduate Fellowship and Parr Center Ethics Scholar programs. Our program assistants will:
Fall Specific Tasks
- Assist in recruitment efforts (help set-up for interest meetings, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, sending acceptances, updating the Parr Center website)
- Help plan and implement the annual Induction Ceremony (design event program, assist in set-up, collect fellow information for a slideshow, etc.)
- Design and implement the annual Retreat (prep materials/handouts, set-up space, collect fellow availability, document DEI standards, document team goals, etc.)
Spring Specific Tasks
- Collect availability and assist in fellow volunteer scheduling for the NCHSEB and NHSEB
- Assist in moderator training for NCHSEB and NHSEB
- Attend NCHSEB and NHSEB and provide on-site support during both weekends (set up, moderator fill-in, score calculations, etc.)
- Design and provide prep materials for fellowship students before the End of Year Poster Show & Celebration
- Assist in logistical planning and implementation of the End of Year Poster Show & Celebration (sending invitations, designing programs, ordering senior gifts, etc.)
- Create weekly fellowship newsletters and monthly alum newsletters
- Track fellow attendance at events, evening meetings, etc.
- Compile and review fellow weekly work
- Provide insight on ways to improve the fellowship program
Chapel Phil Podcast – Sound Editor
Job ID: 9679
Number of Available Positions: 1
Hourly Rate: 11.80 – 13.55 HR
Job Category: Hybrid
Hours: 10-12 HR, weekly
The Parr Center for Ethics is an embodiment of the University’s commitment to ethics. We aim to promote ethical development by providing the necessary resources—theoretical development, empirical knowledge, and discussion opportunities—to explore and advance our understanding of the world.
The Parr Center hosts the ChapelPhil podcast, a podcast created and run by students within our Undergraduate Fellowship. We are seeking a student proficient in podcast sound editing to assist and streamline the editing process. We have tools available to help, like Epidemic Sound, and that we have lots of banked content with renowned professors & guests around the UNC community. Editing comes with lots of creative freedom on our final product.