Become a Parr Heel!
The Parr Center invites bright, ambitious, and intellectually curious undergraduates interested in ethics to become Parr Heels! Parr Heels develop moral reasoning skills throughout the year, and challenge themselves intellectually in a welcoming environment. Getting involved as a Parr Heel also opens the door to earning the Parr Center Ethics Scholar transcript designation!
Students taking part in the core Parr Heel community are known as Ethics Recruits. Ethics Recruits are normally students in their first or second year at UNC, and participation requires about 30-35 hours per year.
All Parr Heels:
- Attend at least two Parr Center public lecture series events per semester. Lectures include lunchtime Ethics Around the Table talks and Parr Center Presents evening lectures. See the events tab for more details!
- Take part in all biweekly Parr Heel Talks, where invited scholars from across campus share their ethics-related research and work.
- Form lasting connections at Parr Center social events.
- Have the opportunity to assist with the Regional and National High School Ethics Bowls held each year on our campus.
- Prepare a running log of their ethics activities under the Parr Heel umbrella.
This application is now closed.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.